Communication is an essential part of work and home life. Poor communication can often have disastrous results , lost time, injured feelings, frustration, unproductive team work, resulting in a general lack of carreer advancement and goal achievement.
To become effective communicators are need to be achieve of some fundemental tips we can use in our work and life communication skills.
- Nervousness is normal: The best way to overcome anxiety is to prepare, prepare and prepare some more.
- Knowing the audience: Learn as much about your audience as much as you can. This will determine your choice of words, level of information.
- Listen, Listen, Listen: People want to know that they are being heard. Really listen to what other person is saying instead of formulating your response. The person speaking to you should be the most important person of your life. Another important point is to have one conversation at a time, If you are speaking to someone face to face or on the phone do not respond to email or text at the same time.
- Be brief, yet specific: Practice being brief yet specific enough, that you proide enough information for the other person to understand what you are trying to say. And if you are responding to an email/sms make sure that you read the entire message before writing your response.
- Think before you speak: Always pause before you speak, not saying the first thing that comes to mind. Take a moment and pay a close attention to what you say and how you say it. This habit will allow you to avoid emabarrasments.
- Ask for feedback: Take feedback from the peers and members f your team, than you can understant whether they understand your message or not.
- Treat everyone equally: Do not talk down to anyone, treat everyone with respect. Treat others as your equal.
- Maintain positive attitude and smile: Even when you are speaking on the phone, smile, because your positive attitude will shine thrugh and the other people will know it. When you smile often and exude a positive attitude people will respond positively to you.
- Show appreciation: Appreciation and prais can go a long way towards building good harmony. Time is an extremely precious resource, and ty to be respectful for those, who consider his time for you.
- Take Notes: Take notes while you are talking to some superior one or when you are in a meeting, And keep remember do not rely on your memory.
- Avoid depending on visual aid: Try to don’t rely on visual aids for all the time. Be prepare to use words, compelling story telling to communicate your point with the audience.
- Record important presentations for future: Always it take a good deal of time and energy to communicate effectively . Incases, yu may need to give the same presentation. Try to recording and sharing it for future.
- Follow up: Always try to end your communication in a friendly manner, repeat your thanks and try to leave the other individual feeling understood and valued. Productive communication involves respect, consideration, awarness and clarity.
- Body language matters: This is important for face to face meetings and video conferencing . Make sure that you appear accessible, so have open body language, this means that you shouldn’t cross your arms. And keep eye contact so that other person knows that you are paying attention.
Communication is one of the most effective skills you can maintain as a business and proffessional. Ally nd listen carefully to what others have to say, and over communicate in novel ways to ensure the content of the conversation sticks with the audience.
Thank you all!